This is a simple guitar transcription of a Baroque-Period minuet for lute by the aristocratic Bohemian composer Count Jan Antonin Losy (1650-1721). It uses simple chords in the key of C Major and stays within the first position of the fretboard, so there are no real difficulties.
Listen to MINUET
The YouTube video capsule below contains a MIDI version of MINUET generated by the score and converted to audio. Play it at a high playback quality such as 1080HD for the clearest view and watch it in full-screen mode. Remember that you can also slow the playback down via the settings control if necessary.
Download "Minuet" as a PDF file. It makes for more convenient study offline or printing.
- Key: C Major with a brief modulation to G major at bar 8
- Meter: Simple triple time (3/4)
- Tempo: Moderate
- Highest Fret: Fret 5 on string 1 at bar 7
- Form: Binary - Two 8-bar sections (A & B) repeated as AABB
- Chords: C Major, G Major, A Minor, D Minor, D Major